That’s not a typo; I call them CROOKIES because they’ll steal your heart ;) Man, I really need to coin the crookie term!!
Serves: 1 ½ dozen
Prep Time: You tell me…
Recipe courtesy of: https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/
SHIT YOU’LL NEED:
¾ cup vegan butter, cold (such as Earth Balance)
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup vegan chocolate chips (OR sub raisins for oatmeal raisin cookies. But let's be honest, who likes to ruin cookies with raisins?! NOT ME!)
HOW TO DO THE SHIT:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: AP Flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl with a handheld mixer, cream butter & sugars together (approx. 3 minutes). Add vanilla extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients.
5. Add the chocolate chips & only mix until dough has come together.
6. Lightly grease a baking sheet & form 2 Tbsp balls of dough onto cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes. This can vary depending on peoples “2 Tbsp” worth of dough. You are looking for it just to start turning golden on the bottom with a few small cracks on top!
8. OM NOM NOM—devour.
^^ You're more than welcome to eat the dough ^^
^^ THE CROOKIE THIEF ^^