Do you find yourself in a brown banana predicament?!?! Use those nasty speckled soft bananas to make your whole house smell like a damn bakery!!
There are SO many banana bread recipes out there that it’s hard to make my case for this being the absolute “best” one. But if I’m being honest, it totally is! I don’t like to throw that term around loosely, but it’s just the real honest to goodness truth.
You can throw all the banana bread recipes away with nuts. WHO DOES THAT?!?! It’s like raisins in my oatmeal cookies—just NO. Always chocolate, never nuts ;) Ok, you’re welcome to do half chocolate & half nuts if that’s what kind of voodoo shit you’re into it haha!!!
This banana bread is sooooooooo ridiculously MOIST & chocolatey. NO weird mealy texture here! It took me a few tries to perfect the recipe but I did it *flexes*! Oh, & let’s not forget that the entire loaf is enrobed in a brown sugar GLAZE! Oh MY damn <3
Let me know if you guys give this a try :)
Serves: 9” x 5” loaf
Prep Time: You tell me…
SHIT YOU’LL NEED:
| BANANA CHOC. CHIP BREAD |
3 overripe bananas, mashed
1 egg white
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla paste
1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup white rice flour
¼ cup + 1 tbsp tapioca starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ rounded teaspoon xanthan gum
1 rounded teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup mini chocolate chips (I do a HEAPING ½ cup. Aka ¾ cup hahaha)
| BROWN SUGAR GLAZE |
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup light brown sugar
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste
HOW TO DO THE SHIT:
| BANANA CHOC. CHIP BREAD |
1. Preheat your oven to 325F. Lightly oil & cover with parchment the bottom & sides of a standard 9” x 5” loaf pan.
2. Mash the bananas with ¼ cup of the brown sugar. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl whisk the brown rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, & cinnamon. Set aside.
4. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the ¾ cup sugar, egg, & egg white on medium-high until pale, creamy, & somewhat thick—2 minutes.
5. In a slow steady stream, add the vegetable oil & cream for another 2 minutes.
6. Slowly add dry (flour) mixture into the egg mixture. Mix for 1 ½ minutes on medium speed.
7. Add the banana & sugar mixture into the batter & mix for another 30 seconds.
8. Remove bowl from mixer & fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan & bake in the center of oven until the loaf is firm, a bit crusty, & a wooden pick inserted into the center emerges clean. Approx 60-75 minutes. **NOTE: It is hard to over bake this bread because it is so moist. Make sure the toothpick comes out clean or else your bread will sink in the middle once you pull it out. TRUST me on that one!
10. Cool the loaf on a wire rack & make your brown sugar glaze!
| BROWN SUGAR GLAZE | **optional, the bread is amazing all by itself!
1. In a sauce pan over medium-high heat, add the heavy cream, brown sugar, & corn syrup.
2. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring until mixture reaches 212F. Remove from heat.
3. Add the vanilla & stir.
4. Let the glaze cool until it thickens a bit for pouring over the bread.
5. Once cool, pour the glaze over the banana bread & om nom NOM <3
When life gives you brown bananas--always make banana chocolate chip bread :)
^^ straight out of the oven & before the brown sugar glaze!! CRUSTY YUMMINESS OH MY <3
Have I convinced you to make it yet?? :)