FULL DISCLOSURE: My sweet hubby made these bars you see pictured above. YES, IT’S TRUE. That’s how easy they are! Ok, well he’s had sommme practice baking from being my better half for the past nine years. It’s still impressive though, right?! I was having a super PMS-y day & he asked if he could make anything at all for me… what would it be?? I said PB bars hands down! He nodded, went straight to work & VOILA *applause*!
These bars are the tastiest little morsels you’ll ever eat! Packed with PB, melty chocolate, oats, & brown sugar… no one’s passing these bars up. I wrap the leftover bars in cling wrap, put them in a freezer bag, & freeze them until I’m having a craving. They will last for MONTHS in your freezer (though I dare them to make it that long). They thaw quickly & make the perfect sweet treat for your kiddos school lunch as well!!
Wow the pants off people with these bars! I guarantee they’ll be begging you for the recipe :)
PS The reason some of the bars are already missing in the photo is because you guessed it—PMS.
Shit happens *shrugs*
Serves: Half sheet pan
Prep Time: You tell me…
Recipe courtesy of: https://togetherasfamily.com/no-flour-monster-cookie-bars/
SHIT YOU’LL NEED:
½ cup salted butter, softened (that means room temp… seriously.)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter (not the natural kind, no offense to my health nut friends)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
4 ½ cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
2 ½ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
HOW TO DO THE SHIT:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a half sheet pan with oil spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, & peanut butter. Mix until fluffy, about 3 minutes, stopping & scraping the bowl twice.
3. Add the eggs one at a time & mix for one minute to emulsify the eggs. Add vanilla extract. Mix.
4. Add the oats & baking soda & mix until combined.
5. Add the mini chocolate chips & scrape the bowl entirely before mixing for the last time.
6. Scrape the dough onto the cookie sheet & spread to the edges with your hands. TIP** try spraying your hands with oil spray so the dough won’t stick to them!!
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes (I do 16) until the edges are JUST golden & set. The bar will firm up QUITE a bit when they com out of the oven, so don’t cook them for longer than that.
8. Let the bars cool for AT LEEEEAST 30 minutes before completely devouring! Wait one hour to cut them into clean rectangles (like my photos)!
^^^ individually wrapped
^^^ store in freezer bag for months!