Who else buys caramel apples just to eat the outside candy goodness, leaving only worm sized bites through to the apple?! Well I do! I’m the type of person who likes more chocolate & candy, less apple. If you feel me, hallelujah!! This little sweet treat ensures you get a little bit of the good stuff with EVERY bite of apple *high five*! It’s more of a balanced meal in my opinion ;)
This is the perfect treat to take to a holiday party. They look much more complicated than they are, making YOU look impressive AF for making them!! Win win.
They are sooooo fucking delicious you guys. I meeeean:
You can really sprinkle & top them with whatever shit you want… but this combination is just what my hormonal ass needed at the time :)
Let me know if you try them!
Serves: 12ish apple slices (depending on how thick you cut them)
Prep Time: You tell me…
SHIT YOU’LL NEED:
2 large gala apples
Popsicle or lollipop sticks
4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cup caramel candies, melted (kraft)
2 Tbsp heavy cream
Heath Toffee Bits
HOW TO DO THE SHIT:
1. Wash & slice your apples into ¼”- ½” slices. The thicker they are, the less likely your stick will go straight through one side, causing you to curse in front of your dear children.
2. Press both sides of the apple slices with a paper towel to soak up the juices #important.
3. Carefully take out any apple seeds while keeping the apple intact (obviiiiii). Stick your popsicle or lollipop stick through the bottom of the apple going ¾ way through the slices.
4. In a large heatproof bowl, melt your chocolate chips, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Add your coconut oil & stir to combine.
5. Dip apple slices in chocolate & place on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
6. Melt caramel candies in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Add the heavy cream & stir until smooth.
7. Move like the damn flash drizzling your caramel on your apples because that bitch hardens QUUUUICK (I learned).
8. Sprinkle espresso powder on apples. Top with toffee bits & lightly press down so they stick.
9. Give yourself a pat on the back—how good are YOU?! *high five*
^^^ The setup
^^^ Ready for dipping
^^^ Drizzling the caramel. The first one is like a fuckin' pancake, ok?! ...IT NEVER COMES OUT hahaha
^^^ Sprinkled the espresso powder (& it could have used evvven more)
^^^ Sprinkling the toffee bits
^^^ Slightly pressing the toffee bits
Hilarious and I will be trying these!
Ohhh hell yea!!!!! You GO FOR IT :) !!!!!