So what if I was craving Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana… & I don’t eat meat?!?! *puts hands in face & cries*
Aaaaaand that’s basically how this recipe was born! I also don’t use cream because it’s not the grrrrreatest for you ;) Ok, so maybe this is more like a healthier, meatless take on the Olive Garden classic! Haha! I promise you though, it’s super fucking delish!!
This recipe serves an army, so feel free to invite everyone over for dinner. Yes, even your carnivorous friends will be pleased & leave feeling 100% satisfied.
It’s the perfect soup for coming into fall <3 Enjoy loviessssss.
Prep Time: You tell me…
SHIT YOU’LL NEED:
1 yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp butter
14 oz meatless “veggie” sausage “crumbles” (looks side to side…)
7 cups veggie broth
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp dried sage
¾ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
6 russet potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 cup 2% milk
3 large leaves curly kale, chopped
HOW TO DO THE SHIT:
1. Heat the butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic & onion; cook until softened (approx. 4 minutes).
3. Add your faux sausage & cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the meatless meat starts to brown. It really just needs to be heated, because hello, it’s not real meat ;)
4. To the pot, add the veggie broth, salt, garlic salt, dried sage, crushed red pepper flakes, & potatoes.
5. Boil until the potatoes are fork tender (approx. 15 minutes).
6. Using a slotted spoon, remove 1 cup of the potatoes & add to high-speed blender. Don’t worry if you get a little faux meat or any other goodness thrown in there.
7. Add your 1 cup of 2% milk to the blender along with the potatoes & blend until smooth & creamy. Add back to the soup & stir to combine.
8. Add the chopped kale& let wilt for 2 minutes. SERVE!!! Meatless Zuppa Toscana!