You know that one night a week where you’re sitting there fighting with yourself, “I’ve been eating really well! I deserve some fuckin’ carbs. I deserve some damn cheese! I’ll just slap a tomato on it & call it healthy”! Well, that’s how this Pesto Caprese Grilled Cheese was born. Well, that & the cold weather made me do it. Pair this with a hot cup of tomato soup?!?! DEAR LORD YAAASSSSSSS <3 <3
I don’t think this sammich needs much selling.
Hot melty cheese.
Fall is ALL about comfort foods, & this is definitely one of them :)
SHIT YOU’LL NEED:
Bread of choice
Salted butter, softened
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Basil pesto (you can make your own, buuut this was a weeknight for me & that was just NOT happenin’)
Garden tomatoes, sliced thinly
HOW TO DO THE SHIT:
1. Spread the softened butter on one side of each slice of bread, completelyyyyy covering! We will worry about eating better tomorrow ;) ;)
2. Spread the pesto on the opposite sides of each slice.
3. Heat your griddle over medium heat. Place one slice of bread on the griddle with the buttered side down.
4. Add the shredded mozzarella, sliced garden tomato, add a little more cheese & sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Add the remaining slice of bread, buttered side UP. Adjust the heat as needed & cook until golden brown, approx. 2-5 minutes. I have the best luck with the “low & slow method”. **NOTE: I maaaaay have also added cheese to the outside of my bread for a crispier crust. It burns easily though so I don’t recommend it. “Do as I say, not as I do” hahaha.
5. Flip & cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2-5 minutes.
6. Pesto caprese grilled cheese GOODNESS *drooooool*